Wondering which of these two (ASUS Zephyrus M16 vs ASUS Zephyrus G15) Zephyrus laptops is the one to get?
Wonder no more!
We’ll be taking a look at these two and compare the ASUS Zephyrus M16 vs G15 and see which one comes out to be the winner in the end.
Let’s take a look!
ASUS Zephyrus M16 vs ASUS Zephyrus G15
Let’s first take a look at a simple specs comparison and then we’ll dive a little bit deeper into performance.
|Specs||ASUS Zephyrus M16||ASUS Zephyrus G15|
|CPU||Intel Core i9-11900H||AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS 8-Core 3.3GHz upto 4.6GHz|
|GPU||Nvidia RTX 3060 GDDR6 8GB with 1,426 MHz boost clock and 95W TGP||NVIDIA RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6|
|RAM||16GB DDR4-3200MHz||16GB DDR4 3200MHz|
|Display||16 inches, IPS, 2560 x 1600, 165Hz||15.6″ QHD (2560×1440) 165Hz IPS|
|Storage||1TB M.2 NVMe SSD||512GB PCIe NVMe SSD|
|Ports||1 x Thunderbolt 4, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x MicroSD reader, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Audio Combo Jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet.||1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen 2, 1 x Micro SD Reader, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack|
|Battery||90 WHr, Adapter Power: 240 W||4-Cell 90 WHr|
|Weight||4.19 pounds||4.20 pounds|
|Misc.||Backlit Keyboard||Backlit Keyboard|
|Difference||Has more ports. Has 2GB more graphics memory. Potentially less powerful CPU if going with Intel version.||Better CPU performance. 2GB less video memory. Slightly lower resolution display. Fewer ports.|
“This laptop really sets the standard for all future gaming laptops, it’s pretty much the no-compromise device in my opinion. It’s portable, blazing fast performance with a beautiful display. Obviously one can’t expect too much on battery life for gaming laptops, but it’s actually quite decent, lasts quite a while under normal load. But if you plan to game on it, just plug it in~”
During the game’s prebuilt benchmark run in FHD at the highest settings, the Zephyrus M16 only achieved 69 frames per second.
Red Dead Redemption 2’s benchmark ran on a Zephyrus M16 that went a little slow, but still performed well, even at medium settings.
At very high settings for Grand Theft Auto V, the Zephyrus M16 ran at 86 frames per second.
As said above in the specs comparison chart, the Ryzen variant will perform better compared to the Intel offering from the manufacturer, so you should probably get the Ryzen version instead.
Zephyrus M16 scored 1,646 single-core tests and 8,495 multi-core tests on the synthetic benchmark Geekbench 5. Compared to its competitors, this is slightly ahead.
“Premium build materials, QHD display, great battery life and the latest gen graphics card. So far I have not run into any problems with the laptop during gaming and programming sessions. Thermals are stable does not overheat, great temps for a laptop this size fitted with the latest gpu.”
Its performance is excellent with nearly all tasks being handled easily by the CPU. It should not struggle when used on a regular basis. Using Chrome, you can run Apex Legends in the background and open over 50 tabs without any problems. You can use the ASUS Zephyrus G15 for daily work like typing, watching YouTube videos, or editing photos on Photoshop.
But that’s probably not what you want to buy this laptop for, is it? So playing games on this bad boy is a breeze!
However, even though both are great gaming laptops, there are still differences worth noticing. These may make or break your decision of buying one laptop over the other.
- Zephyrus G15 has a better CPU (if you compare it against the Intel CPU version).
- Zephyrus M16 has more video memory but the same GPU (so expect a bit more gaming performance).
- Zephyrus M16 has a slightly larger display. (More clarity when watching videos, playing games or doing anything).
- Zephyrus M16 has more ports.
If you can get the Zephyrus M16 but with a Ryzen processor configuration, that’d be the best performance laptop you may have ever got. So get the Ryzen one if available, otherwise, the comparison is done and you know which one to choose and where you can afford to make the trade-offs.
If you can’t find the Zephyrus M16 with a Ryzen configuration, the Zephyrus G15 is still a great laptop, just a tad less functional as it has fewer ports, less video memory, and a little lower resolution display compared to the M16.
Don’t like either of these two gaming laptops? Check out these best-selling ones. They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see! 😉
(PS: You may even find one on a sale!)
- Visual Performance: The 15.6” 144hz display delivers true-to-life images with a high refresh rate so you can see every frame of the game.
- Redefined Power: The 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance to take on any games and applications with ease.
- Supercharged Graphics: The MSI GL66 is powered by NVIDIA GeForce RTX, take on today's most popular games with these performance graphics.
- On the Go Gaming: Designed to be thin and light for gamers to carry around every day for games, study, or work.
- Cool and Powerful: MSI’s exclusive Cooler Boost Technology ensures optimal thermal dissipation. Featuring state of the art fans and heat pipes, get the airflow you need for gaming.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost up to 1660MHz at 115W (130W with Dynamic Boost 2.0)
- Latest AMD Ryzen 9-5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)
- 300Hz 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- 15.6-inch FHD (Full HD 1920 x 1080) 300Hz 3ms 300-nits 100% sRGB color gamut
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10870H (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
- 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 , 1 TB PCIe SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 802.11ax 2x2 Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 5.1
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- Latest 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- 300Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics for Stunning Visuals: Built on NVIDIA’s award-winning 2nd-gen RTX architecture, these GPUs provide the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the most powerful graphics in a gaming laptop
- Whether gaming or creating, AMD Ryzen processors offer ultimate performance: AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors power the next generation of demanding games, providing one of a kind immersive experiences and dominate any multithreaded task like 3D and video rendering3, and software compiling
- Next-gen Displays to Meet Your Needs: 165Hz QHD display for the best of both worlds in fast gaming and ultra clear display
- Vapor Chamber Cooling for Maximized Thermal Performance: The laptop quietly and efficiently dissipates heat through the evaporation and condensation of an internal fluid, keeping it running smoothly and coolly even under intense loads
- Customizable RGB Individual Key Lighting: Illuminates in sync with Razer Chroma-supported peripherals and popular games with multiple lighting effects
- 【Memory & Storage】 Memory is 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once smoothly, Hard Drive is 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup, data transfer and ample storage space
- 【Processor】 AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor up to 4.4GHz, 20MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics
- 【Screen】 15.6" diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit, 300 nits
- 【Ports】 1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 2 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI 2.1, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x AC smart pin, 1 x headphone/microphone combo, 1 x multi-format SD media card reader, Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit data rate)
- 【Operating System】 Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Highly Rated 15.6" Performance Gaming Laptop
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 8 Core - 16 Thread (3.2-4.4GHz Max Boost Clock) Processor
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Card with 8GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Dynamic Boost 2.0, NVIDIA GPU Boost
- 15.6" 165Hz QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS 300-Nit Display - Narrow Bezel Design
- 512GB Performance PCIe NVMe SSD + 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Dual Channel RAM
- Impressive thermal design with 5 copper heat pipes and 11mm dual fans with 67 fan blades
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10875H 8-Core 16-Thread Processor - Thermal compound upgraded with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut liquid metal!
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Card with 8GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Dynamic Boost 2.0, NVIDIA GPU Boost (Max 140 Watts!)
- 17.3" 165Hz Color Calibrated QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS-Type Display - Narrow Bezel Design
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Dual Channel RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics for Stunning Visuals: Built on NVIDIA’s award-winning 2nd-gen RTX architecture, these GPUs provide the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the most powerful graphics in a gaming laptop.
- Intel 11th Gen 8-Core CPU for All-out Gaming Performance: Run the heaviest AAA titles and creation tasks without breaking a sweat, and activate Intel Turbo Boost Technology for a jolt of speed that brings the i7 processor up to 5.1GHz.
- Next-gen Displays to Meet Your Needs: Go with ultra-fast 360Hz FHD for competitive gaming,120Hz UHD for creative work with 4K clarity, or a 165Hz QHD display for the best of both worlds.
- Vapor Chamber Cooling for Maximized Thermal Performance: The laptop quietly and efficiently dissipates heat through the evaporation and condensation of an internal fluid, keeping it running smoothly and coolly even under intense loads.
- Advanced Connectivity for Greater Convenience: With built-in WiFi-6 and a UHS-III SD card slot, you can cut down on adapters and travel light.
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H Mobile Processor (8-core/16-thread, 20MB cache, up to 4.4 GHz max boost) | Windows 10 Home
- 15.6" QHD (2560 x 1440) LED-backlit IPS Display with 165Hz Refresh Rate | 3ms Overdrive Response Time | 300nit Brightness | 100% sRGB | 16:9 aspect ratio
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU with 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM with NVIDIA DLSS | NVIDIA Resizable BAR | NVIDIA Dynamic Boost 2.0 | NVIDIA GPU Boost
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory | 1TB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots - 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available 2.5" Hard Drive Bay
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology | LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | Bluetooth 5.1