You’re shopping for a new laptop and you’ve finally found the perfect one. It’s got the right specs the right price and the right look. But there’s just one problem: you’re not sure what size the screen is.
Don’t worry we’re here to help. In this blog post we’ll show you how to measure laptop screen sizes in inches. We’ll also give you some tips on how to choose the right size for your needs.
- How To Measure Laptop Screen Sizes In Inches?
- How Can I Find My Laptop Screen Size In Windows 10?
- How Are Laptop Screens Measured?
- How To Find Laptop Screen Size By Searching Online?
- Common Laptop Screen Dimensions
- Laptop Screen Size On Laptop's Backside
- How Do I Choose The Best Laptop Screen Size?
- How Do I Choose The Right Size Laptop Bag?
How To Measure Laptop Screen Sizes In Inches?
Laptop screens come in all shapes and sizes but how do you know what size you need? Here’s a quick and easy guide to help you measure laptop screen sizes in inches so you can find the perfect fit for your needs.
First you’ll need to gather a few supplies. You’ll need a tape measure a ruler and a laptop. If you don’t have a laptop handy any other rectangular object will do. Just make sure it’s big enough so that you can comfortably measure the screen.
Once you have your supplies it’s time to get started. Here’s how to measure a laptop screen in inches:
- Place the ruler or tape measure at the top left corner of the screen.
- Measure the width of the screen from left to right.
- Write down the measurement in inches.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the height of the screen.
- Use the formula: width x height to calculate the total size of the screen in square inches.
Now that you know how to measure laptop screen sizes in inches you can start shopping for a new laptop with confidence. Just remember to take into account the size of the bezel when you’re making your decision. A larger bezel can make a big difference in how big or small a screen looks.
How Can I Find My Laptop Screen Size In Windows 10?
If you’re running Windows 10 here’s how to find your laptop screen size:
- Right-click on the desktop and select Display Settings.
- On the Display Settings page scroll down to the Scale and Layout section.
- In the Scale and Layout section you’ll see your current screen resolution listed under the Resolution heading.
- To the right of the Resolution heading you’ll see a drop-down menu. Click on that drop-down menu and select the resolution you want to use.
- Once you’ve selected your desired resolution click the Apply button.
And that’s it! That’s all you need to do to change your screen resolution in Windows 10.
How Are Laptop Screens Measured?
Laptop screens are measured in two ways. The first is by the physical dimensions of the screen. This is the size of the screen from one side to the other and is typically given in inches. The second way to measure laptop screens is by the resolution. This is the number of pixels that the screen is able to display and is given in width by height. For example a screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 has 1920 pixels across and 1080 pixels down.
How To Find Laptop Screen Size By Searching Online?
There are a few ways that you can find out the screen size of your laptop without having to measure it yourself. The first way is to search for your laptop model online and see if the manufacturer’s website has the specifications listed. If not you can try searching for reviews of your laptop model and see if anyone has listed the screen size in their review.
Another way to find out the screen size of your laptop is to use a tool like DisplaySpecifications.com. This website has a database of laptop models and their corresponding screen sizes. All you need to do is enter your laptop model in the search bar and the website will return the results.
If you still can’t find the screen size of your laptop you can always measure it yourself. The easiest way to do this is to use a tape measure or ruler and measure the diagonal length of the screen. Once you have the measurement you can convert it to inches or centimeters using an online calculator.
Knowing the screen size of your laptop can be useful when you’re shopping for accessories like a new monitor or external keyboard. It can also be helpful if you’re trying to find out if your laptop will fit in a particular carrying case. Whatever the reason there are a few easy ways to find out the screen size of your laptop without too much trouble.
Common Laptop Screen Dimensions
Laptop screens come in all shapes and sizes. But there are some common dimensions that you’ll see on most laptops. Here’s a look at some of the most common laptop screen dimensions:
- 13.3-inch: This is the most popular screen size for laptops. You’ll find a wide range of laptops with this screen size from budget options to high-end gaming laptops.
- 15.6-inch: This is the most common screen size for mainstream laptops. If you’re looking for a laptop with a large screen this is a good option.
- 17.3-inch: This size is popular for gaming laptops and other laptops that need a large screen.
- 11.6-inch: This is a smaller screen size that’s becoming increasingly popular for laptops. These laptops are usually more portable and lightweight.
- 10-inch: This is the smallest screen size you’ll find on a laptop. These laptops are usually designed for portability and have long battery life.
Laptop Screen Size On Laptop’s Backside
The backside of the laptop usually has a sticker that displays the screen size. Another way to find out the screen size of your laptop is to measure it. To do this you will need to use a ruler or a tape measure.
Place the ruler or tape measure at the top left corner of the screen and measure to the bottom right corner of the screen. The screen size is the measurement that you get.
How Do I Choose The Best Laptop Screen Size?
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a screen size.
First think about how you’ll be using your laptop. If you’re mostly going to be working on documents or browsing the web you can probably get away with a smaller screen. But if you’re planning on doing a lot of video editing or gaming you’ll want a larger screen.
Another thing to consider is the resolution. A higher resolution will make things look sharper but it will also make text and icons smaller.
If you have good eyesight you can probably handle a higher resolution. But if you’re not sure it’s better to err on the side of a lower resolution. Finally think about portability.
A smaller screen will obviously be more portable but it can also be more difficult to see. If you’re going to be carrying your laptop around a lot you might want to sacrifice a little bit of screen size for the sake of portability.
In the end there’s no perfect answer when it comes to choosing a screen size. It’s a personal preference and you’ll have to weigh the different factors to decide what’s best for you.
But hopefully this guide has given you a few things to think about as you make your decision.
How Do I Choose The Right Size Laptop Bag?
When it comes to choosing the right size laptop bag there are a few things you need to take into account. The most important factor is of course the size of your laptop. But you also need to consider the other items you’ll be carrying with you such as textbooks notebooks and any other electronics.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right size laptop bag:
- First measure your laptop. This is the most important step as you need to make sure the bag you choose is big enough to fit your laptop.
- Then take into account the other items you’ll be carrying. If you typically carry a lot of stuff with you you’ll need a bigger bag.
- Consider your lifestyle. If you’re always on the go you’ll need a bag that’s easy to carry. But if you don’t mind lugging around a bigger bag then size isn’t as important.
- xThink about the type of bag you want. There are a variety of laptop bags on the market from messenger bags to backpacks. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Finally don’t forget to factor in the price. Laptop bags can range in price so be sure to find one that’s within your budget.
By following these tips you’ll be able to find the perfect laptop bag for you.