About to decide between the Razer Blade 14 vs ASUS Zephyrus G14?
In this comparison between the Razer Blade 14 and the Zephyrus G14, I’ll try to clear all your confusion and make it easy for you to pick one over the other for your use case.
Table of Contents
Razer Blade 14 vs. ASUS Zephyrus G14
While it’s a no-brainer that the Razer Blade 14 is better and more powerful, there are other things to keep in mind to make an informed decision between the two gaming laptops.
Razer Blade 14
Razer Blade 14’s Performance
A Razer Blade 14 is the ideal ultraportable PC for editing photos and videos. With its powerful CPU and GPU, serving up Razer’s gold standard of build quality and refined design.
In addition to a color-accurate display with a high refresh rate, this laptop offers a gaming experience that could not be better, coupled with a display that seamlessly transitions between gaming and creative tasks.
Razer Blade 14’s Design
Razer now makes laptops as good as Apple’s MacBooks have always been. Razer Blade 14 features a more round design aesthetic overall, which should help with those sharper corners you were used to before with Razer’s older laptop models.
Green lights illuminate the three-headed snake emblem in the middle of the lid, making it appear that it is about to strike. Opening the Blade 14 with one hand is pretty easy thanks to a cutout on the bottom lip.
Razer Blade 14’s Display
Certainly, the 14-inch QHD display paired with Razer Blade 14’s 165Hz refresh rate creates smooth video rendering when combined with AMD FreeSync Premium. I never experienced screen tearing or jaggies going between shots and launching destructible items at the Hiss in Control.
ASUS Zephyrus G14
Zephyrus G14’s Performance
Due to its AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS chip and 16GB of memory, the Zephyrus G14 can also be used for productivity and media editing. I often ran multiple Google Chrome tabs simultaneously, without any hiccups, without turning on the fan to cool down the laptop.
Zephyrus G14’s Design
It’s a small wonder, this Zephyrus G14. This laptop is very thin and light and is loaded with the most gaming power that a 14-inch Ultrabook could offer from the past few years.
In addition to its lightweight, small dimensions, Zephyrus G14 weighs only 3.5 pounds and measures 12.8 x 8.7 x 0.7 inches. Aluminum and magnesium make up the chassis, deck, and lid of the computer, which accounts for its lightweight.
Zephyrus G14’s Display
The 14-inch 1080p 120Hz display on our review unit fits the bill nicely. The higher resolution of the panel is desirable, but I prefer higher refresh rates to marginal gains in resolution. With Asus, WQHD is only provided at 1440p at 60Hz.
Because of AMD FreeSync, gamers can enjoy seamless gaming. Currently, FreeSync works with the G14’s Nvidia GPU, but recently Nvidia updated the feature so that it can be paired with FreeSync. The result is a flawless performance.
Don’t Like Either of These Laptops?
The M1 chip from Apple is exceptionally good for photo and video editing if you choose to switch to macOS. With the MacBook Pro M1, you can perform many editing tasks at a better level without a discrete GPU, and for much less.
Or, you could also go with the MacBook Air M1, which is I’d say more of a recommendation as it’s almost the same performance but at an even lower price.
So, Who’s the Winner?
Because its battery capacity is 23 percent larger, the Asus system runs for approximately three hours longer. While it is larger, it is also slightly lighter than the Razer.
In addition to the former key feedback, enthusiasts will undoubtedly appreciate the expandable RAM offered by the Asus system. As the 5900HX is essentially an unlocked version of the 5900HS, raw CPU performance is pretty similar between the two systems.
It is basically the same as the Zephyrus G14, but the Razer Blade 14 includes an amazing 100 watt RTX 3080 GPU, which is the same as an 80 watt RTX 3060 GPU.
Similarly, the 1440p Razer configuration also has much faster display response times. In comparison to recent Blade 14 models, Asus’ Zephyrus G14 may need to rethink its offering, since its advantages may not be as significant.
Don’t like either of these two gaming laptops? Check out these best-selling ones. They’re selling like hotcakes! 🍰 Have a look at least, maybe you’ll like what you see! 😉
(PS: You may even find one on a sale!)
- Visual Performance: The 15.6” 144hz display delivers true-to-life images with a high refresh rate so you can see every frame of the game.
- Redefined Power: The 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance to take on any games and applications with ease.
- Supercharged Graphics: The MSI GL66 is powered by NVIDIA GeForce RTX, take on today's most popular games with these performance graphics.
- On the Go Gaming: Designed to be thin and light for gamers to carry around every day for games, study, or work.
- Cool and Powerful: MSI’s exclusive Cooler Boost Technology ensures optimal thermal dissipation. Featuring state of the art fans and heat pipes, get the airflow you need for gaming.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost up to 1660MHz at 115W (130W with Dynamic Boost 2.0)
- Latest AMD Ryzen 9-5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)
- 300Hz 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- 15.6-inch FHD (Full HD 1920 x 1080) 300Hz 3ms 300-nits 100% sRGB color gamut
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10870H (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
- 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 , 1 TB PCIe SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 802.11ax 2x2 Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 5.1
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- Latest 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- 300Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics for Stunning Visuals: Built on NVIDIA’s award-winning 2nd-gen RTX architecture, these GPUs provide the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the most powerful graphics in a gaming laptop
- Whether gaming or creating, AMD Ryzen processors offer ultimate performance: AMD Ryzen 5000 Series processors power the next generation of demanding games, providing one of a kind immersive experiences and dominate any multithreaded task like 3D and video rendering3, and software compiling
- Next-gen Displays to Meet Your Needs: 165Hz QHD display for the best of both worlds in fast gaming and ultra clear display
- Vapor Chamber Cooling for Maximized Thermal Performance: The laptop quietly and efficiently dissipates heat through the evaporation and condensation of an internal fluid, keeping it running smoothly and coolly even under intense loads
- Customizable RGB Individual Key Lighting: Illuminates in sync with Razer Chroma-supported peripherals and popular games with multiple lighting effects
- 【Memory & Storage】 Memory is 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once smoothly, Hard Drive is 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup, data transfer and ample storage space
- 【Processor】 AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor up to 4.4GHz, 20MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics
- 【Screen】 15.6" diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit, 300 nits
- 【Ports】 1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-C 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 2 x SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x HDMI 2.1, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x AC smart pin, 1 x headphone/microphone combo, 1 x multi-format SD media card reader, Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit data rate)
- 【Operating System】 Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Highly Rated 15.6" Performance Gaming Laptop
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 8 Core - 16 Thread (3.2-4.4GHz Max Boost Clock) Processor
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Card with 8GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Dynamic Boost 2.0, NVIDIA GPU Boost
- 15.6" 165Hz QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS 300-Nit Display - Narrow Bezel Design
- 512GB Performance PCIe NVMe SSD + 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Dual Channel RAM
- Impressive thermal design with 5 copper heat pipes and 11mm dual fans with 67 fan blades
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10875H 8-Core 16-Thread Processor - Thermal compound upgraded with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut liquid metal!
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Card with 8GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Dynamic Boost 2.0, NVIDIA GPU Boost (Max 140 Watts!)
- 17.3" 165Hz Color Calibrated QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS-Type Display - Narrow Bezel Design
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 Dual Channel RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics for Stunning Visuals: Built on NVIDIA’s award-winning 2nd-gen RTX architecture, these GPUs provide the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the most powerful graphics in a gaming laptop.
- Intel 11th Gen 8-Core CPU for All-out Gaming Performance: Run the heaviest AAA titles and creation tasks without breaking a sweat, and activate Intel Turbo Boost Technology for a jolt of speed that brings the i7 processor up to 5.1GHz.
- Next-gen Displays to Meet Your Needs: Go with ultra-fast 360Hz FHD for competitive gaming,120Hz UHD for creative work with 4K clarity, or a 165Hz QHD display for the best of both worlds.
- Vapor Chamber Cooling for Maximized Thermal Performance: The laptop quietly and efficiently dissipates heat through the evaporation and condensation of an internal fluid, keeping it running smoothly and coolly even under intense loads.
- Advanced Connectivity for Greater Convenience: With built-in WiFi-6 and a UHS-III SD card slot, you can cut down on adapters and travel light.
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800H Mobile Processor (8-core/16-thread, 20MB cache, up to 4.4 GHz max boost) | Windows 10 Home
- 15.6" QHD (2560 x 1440) LED-backlit IPS Display with 165Hz Refresh Rate | 3ms Overdrive Response Time | 300nit Brightness | 100% sRGB | 16:9 aspect ratio
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU with 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM with NVIDIA DLSS | NVIDIA Resizable BAR | NVIDIA Dynamic Boost 2.0 | NVIDIA GPU Boost
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Memory | 1TB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots - 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available 2.5" Hard Drive Bay
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology | LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | Bluetooth 5.1